Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Chicken and Dumplings (from a friend)

I keep meaning to try this (even though hubby won't eat chicken or now gluten, I still want to save this in case I get the chance to make it.) I love me some chicken and dumplings!! This is a friend's way of doing them:

"Boil chicken bouillon, drop little balls of biscuit dough into it,
cook for 10-20 min. Stir in chopped (already cooked) chicken a minute
or three before serving so it warms up. I like Mark Bittmans biscuit
recipe, and i put the whole batch in the bouillon (in balls). Makes
the liquid get thick and creamy."

Here is a Mark Bittman biscuit recipe:

Combine 3 cups flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, 4 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves. Use your fingers to rub in 1 1/2 sticks of butter until the mixture resembles small peas. Add 1 cup buttermilk and stir until just combined. Drop large spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees until golden, about 15 minutes.

No comments: