Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Yummy Yummy Polenta!!



This was polenterrific!! Definitely something I want to make over and over again. Is that too much corn for one day? I guess it depends on what we ate for breakfast and lunch. I need to remember this recipe forever. Again, I got it from The Scramble. I think I may stop blogging... because I've obviously come up with a favorite source.

Anyway, I hate to leak recipes that most people have to pay for, but really, you pay for the convenience of having the ingredients thrown into a grocery list for you... and the ability to pick your favorite recipes and lump them together. I love the Scramble... have I mentioned that yet? Anyway, I want to share the vegetable recipe because I'm in love with yellow curry these days.

Saute about a 1/2 of an onion in a little bit of olive oil... once it's pretty soft, throw in a diced zucchini (I used calabaza squash). Let that cook a couple of minutes, then throw in 2 cups of corn kernels (fresh or frozen). Cook those for a minute or two and then dash in some yellow curry powder (I probably used a teaspoon or so). Add a little bit of salt and you have a side dish that is very tasty.

I used to hate curry as a kid but now I can't seem to get enough of it. What's up with that?

No comments: