Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Stir Fry Veges and Chow Mein Tuesday

I made a really yummy peanut sauce I found on allrecipes.com and it was really yummy:

Thai-Style Peanut Sauce
INGREDIENTS

* 1/4 cup honey
* 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
* 1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter (optional)
* 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 tablespoon sesame oil
* 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
* 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
* 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
DIRECTIONS
1. Stir together the honey, peanut butters, rice vinegar, olive oil, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.


Then I sauteed up some veges- onions, bell peppers, zucchini, celery, added some peanut sauce, then threw in some garbanzo beans. I cooked up some Chow Mein noodles and then added some peanut sauce to them. Chaz loved the Chow Mein with peanut sauce, Cooper slept through dinner, I wasn't too keen on the vege side, but loved the chow mein, and I have no idea if dad was happy or not.

I think next time I'll just make the noodles and peanut sauce. Then maybe do some sort of vege on the side. I did love those noodles though!!

I took this pic off of allrecipes.com- it was posted by MrsSpice. Yum.

1 comment:

Building Mum said...

5 Stars for the noodles
1 Star for the veges