Monday, August 16, 2010

Farmer's Market Beer Can Chicken

Okay, so I made my first beer can chicken last week. It was great because it was from the farmer's market. It was also horrible because it was from the farmer's market. Well, not really. I just had to write that because this farmer's chicken made me learn some new techniques (like actually cutting off the neck, trimming the skin, and removing the oil gland - at least I didn't have to kill it, bleed it or pluck it!!).

Defrost time: 5 days
Weight: 4.5 lbs
Cost: $14.50
Cooking Method: With beer can
First: Mom twisting off it's neck (and the beer can thing).

So, I got this Beer Can Chicken recipe from one of my tried and true sources - Simply Recipes. I love this site!

I also sliced up a farmer's market heirloom- type squash, tossed it with some olive oil, and threw it in the roasting pan during the last 20 minutes of cooking. Yummy!

I also feel like I'm getting lazy on my posts. I'm basically just referring you to the websites I find these recipes at. Nothing is original for me anymore these days. Oh well... on to working and playing with the kids instead!!

No comments: