Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Homemade Pesto Cheese Pizza Wednesday



I have a homemade crust in the freezer. I also will be making homemade pesto from my huge basil plant. We added some cheese and some tomatoes, fresh basil, and some capers for the adults.

I made the pesto by throwing in about 3-4 cups of basil, about 1/4-1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese, some olive oil, walnuts, almonds, and a scoop full of diced garlic (although I could have added a couple of cloves if I had fresh). I felt like it still needed a little salt, so I dashed in some garlic salt at the end. Turned out nice!


For lunch, this is what the boys had (Ramen back by popular demand--although next time I'm going to cook it in vegetable or chicken broth- minus the packet-o-salt that usually comes with it):

No comments: